NMF ANNOUNCES WARROAD GRANT RECIPIENTS
June 24, 2019
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation (NMF) announced their 2019 grant award recipients. The grants are provided through their Communities Thrive program. Warroad was one of two communities selected through a competitive application process to be a part of the two-year program.
A total of $50,000 was awarded to the following projects:
- City of Warroad for new benches downtown
- City of Warroad for a safe harbor planning project
- Lao Assistance Center for healthy living and youth activities
- Warroad Elementary School for a Gaga ball pit
- Warroad Community Partners for a Best of Warroad map
- Warroad Community Partners for October Festival
- Warroad Community Partners for Folk School Warroad startup
The next round of grant funding will be made available for the Warroad area in the fall of 2019.
The Communities Thrive Program is a “deep dive” in a small number of communities to help them capitalize on the current “Brain Gain” trend in the ways that best fit their unique community, ultimately building on the strengths and diversity within our region. This program uses place making and planning approaches to support community vitality. NMF selected Warroad and Halstad in December 2018 as the first two communities they will be working with through the inaugural Communities Thrive program. The next Communities Thrive program round is set to open in May 2020.
For more information, visit www.nwmf.org/programs/communities-thrive.